This article discusses the top class action lawsuits in the United States. When a class action lawsuit is filed, it generally seeks to resolve a legal dispute that affects many people or large groups of people.
The Best of the Worst Class Action Lawsuits
There are some class action lawsuits that are just plain bad. They may be frivolous, they may be filed in an attempt to get money from innocent people, or they may even be designed to harm others rather than help them.
1. The Subway Fiasco: In this lawsuit, people who claimed their sandwiches weren’t fresh alleged that Subway engaged in fraudulent advertising and committed fraud by falsely claiming the sandwiches were made with fresh ingredients. The suit was eventually dismissed and no one was awarded any money.
2. The Ford Pinto Class Action Lawsuit: This lawsuit is infamous for bringing down Ford Motor Company. Plaintiffs alleged that Ford knowingly sold unsafe Pintos and knew about the danger but did nothing to warn consumers.
3. The Lexmark Printers Class Action Lawsuit: In this lawsuit, printers who claimed their ink cartridges failed caused them financial hardship alleged that Lexmark knew about the problems but failed to take appropriate steps to fix them. Despite allegations of widespread printer abuse, Lexmark ultimately won a settlement from many of the plaintiffs totaling over $800 million dollars.
4. The Applebee’s Chicken Littles Class Action Lawsuit: In this lawsuit, people who claimed their chicken litt
How to Be Affected by a Class Action Lawsuit
When you think about class action lawsuits, what comes to mind is probably a lawsuit filed by large corporations against their smaller competitors. But there are plenty of other types of class actions out there, and they can have a significant impact on your life.
1) Pampers Baby-Wipes Class Action Lawsuit
In 2016, Pampers announced that it would be switching to a new diaper brand called Cruisers. They filed a lawsuit alleging that Pampers misled them about the change and tried to steal their business.
If it goes to trial, it could end up costing Pampers hundreds of millions of dollars.
2) Toyota Prius Class Action Lawsuit
In 2009, Toyota released an updated version of its Prius hybrid car model called the Prius C. They filed a lawsuit arguing that Toyota had
What Do I Need to Know About an Unauthorized Debt Collection?
If you have been the victim of an unauthorized debt collection, there are a few things you should know. First, always keep copies of all communications from the collector. These may include letters, notices, and phone calls. Second, if you receive any kind of communication from the collector that is not in writing, contact your lawyer immediately. Finally, if you feel that you have been wronged by the collector or that they are using aggressive tactics to collect debts, file a complaint with the FTC.
Top 3 Reasons You Should File a Lawsuit
1. You may be able to get money back from the company.
2. You may be able to stop the company from continuing its wrongful conduct.
4. It can be a very effective way to make your voice heard and receive compensation for your losses.
Who Gets Faulty Products?
When you’re buying a product, it’s important to know who to trust. Unfortunately, sometimes products can be faulty, resulting in injury or even death. This is where class action lawsuits come in.
With class action lawsuits, large groups of people can sue a company on their behalf of themselves.
The following are some of the best class action lawsuits ever filed:
1) rd Pinto Class Action Lawsuit: In 1984, . In 2007, Ford settled claims with victims for $125 million.
2) Toyota Camry Hybrid Class Action Lawsuit. In 2010, Toyota released its Camry Hybrid as part of its popular Camry lineup. However, problems with the hybrid system led to hundreds of complaints from drivers about hot brakes and other issues. Toyota eventually agreed to pay out more than $1 billion in settlements related to this lawsuit.
3) GM ignition switch recall: In 2013. GM announced that it was recalling millions of cars because their ignition switches could unexpectedly turn off engines while driving. If an engine